Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Cookie Cottages


Remember our Valentine Cookie Houses? Well, we had so much fun with them, that we decided to try a version using Easter candy. I made them 1/4 the size of the Valentine houses, which turned out to be a great size. I call them "Spring Cookie Cottages".

This is the one I made. I used M&Ms, Pez, and coconut grass.

This is B's creation. J put on dots of icing, and B enjoyed placing the candy pieces on the dots. (Great for fine motor control, sure, but also just plain fun!)

Here's J's cottage, complete with decorative brick wall and "Easter eggs" hiding in the grass! The shingles are (of course) jelly beans--J's favorite.

Here's the one N made, with a Starburst door and colorful gravel. (Who needs to mow a lawn?)

K created a cozy honeymoon getaway cottage, with a cute Pez chimney and a flower bed overflowing with colorful blooms in the back.


Of course, eating the houses is the best part of all. Just ask B!

For other tot-friendly projects and recipes, visit Delicious Ambiguity.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute houses!

We received your package in the mail today. THANK YOU SO MUCH! The kiddos can't wait to play the games. We just started homeschooling on 3/1/10, due to a situation in public school, and this stuff is just wonderful! THANK YOU!

Tarasine (pronounced Tara-seena, in case you were wondering) said...

I'm so glad you got the package, Brandy! I hope your kids will enjoy the games. It felt great to send them on to someone who could use them. Good luck on your homeschooling adventure!

Cheryl Pitt said...

Oh yum! And perfect for Earter :)

MamaHen said...

Those are darling houses!

I received our history book in the mail Friday. Thanks so much. It is great and I know the kiddos (and I) will enjoy reading it!

Tarasine (pronounced Tara-seena, in case you were wondering) said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Cheryl!

Mama Hen--so glad you got your book! I really hope you will enjoy it.

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Those cottages are adorable. Thanks for linking up on Tot Tuesdays last week. I hope you’ll join me this week for another party. Happy Easter!